Blink once or more, if you’ve ever talked aloud to yourself about anything while staring at your reflection in a mirror… Since I figure this includes the majority of us, as a follow up to my last blog, I thought to add onto these and other reflective life moments, especially as we step into a new decade in just a few days.
Self, take stock! Hang on for this transforming ride…
Mirror mirror reflecting back me, self, where do I see you in 2020?
Lessons from my past
- Looking back at 2010 till now, what 5 things am I thankful for?
- What 5 things could I improve about myself, my situation?
- What goals, dreams, plans did I intend to pursue from 2010 until now that either were non-starters or have barely been achieved?
Lessons to my present… activating my action plan.
Let this be my launching platform for 2020 and beyond.
- PLEASE D-KAF! What exactly did I desire to accomplish a decade ago? Was it a fad, a place and stage in my life that no longer holds as much weight now as it did then?
- Then Dump it, Keep it, Act on it or Forget about it!
- What burning pursuits are yet to be realized?
- Then PURSUE them!
- What new seeds, new ideas have been planted that now, are begging further exploration?
- Then EXPLORE them!
- If I need a prompter on finding out more about what direction to pursue, figuring out what I was created for…
- Explore this angle: What comes naturally to me, you know, that thing or things that require little effort on my part, where people around me always complement me on the excellence of that thing, yet I tend to brush them off?
- My friend, the neon sign is directly above you pointing in your direction and you haven’t noticed it yet. Perhaps now is the time to PAY ATTENTION to it?!
- Whoever said life was easy… EMBRACE THE ODDS.
Lessons from my future talking to me right now
Forecasting to 2020 and looking back
- What do I regret not doing?
- What am I happy of that at least I can say I gave it my best effort?
- What will future me, tell current me “thank you” for…?
In life there are no redos. So let’s stop existing and start living.
We were created to thrive.
Am I living up to my created potential?